Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Break

Spring break was nice AMAZING!

The Saturday after I got home we (mom, Kass and I) decided to go to Davids Bridal and try on wedding dresses for the first time.  I knew what kind of dress I wanted but I didn't have the wedding dress lingo down yet so I brought pictures and described it.  The girl helping us, Hanna, was great! She pulled out many dresses like the one I described and a couple more styles to try on just for fun.  When I put the first one on I got a huge smile on my face, not because I knew it was the dress, but because I had a wedding dress on and I knew this was really happening.  I probably tried on 8 or 10 dresses but none of them screamed out THIS IS IT!  So, we thanked them for their time and went home.

Then on Sunday I went to a bridal fair at The Links at Gettysburg with my mom, Kassidy, Dianna, and her mom.  It was my first bridal fair so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect and I was a little unprepared.  I found out about it because I was interested in the venue.  It's a beautiful golf course with a stream running through it, a stone bridge, flowers and gorgeous souroundings.  As we walked in we were handed a glass of champaigne (which I have to find out what it was called...DELICIOUS), and bags full of papers and magazines.  We walked around to all the diferent vendors, trying cakes, looking at flower arrangements & photo albums and talking to DJ & limosine companies.  As they were asking me questions I realized I didn't know much about how I wanted my wedding to be, so I just kind of guessed and told them what I thought.  Anyways, it was a lot of fun and I have a lot of numbers and new ideas, and I planned to talk to Shane about our wedding so we had a better understanding of what each of us wanted.

On Tuesday night I made an appointment with J&B Bridals in Chambersburg.  Once again it was just mom, Kass and I. I knew they had a designer that I loved so I couldn't wait to try on dresses there.  This time I had Jami helping me, she picked out so many beautiful dresses.  I picked which one I wanted to try on first and once I had it on I thought "this might be the one".  I loved it, but I still wanted to try on more because you never know whats going to look good on you.  Jami suggested I try on this other style that was very similar but had a slight difference. (I would describe them, but I can't take the chance of Shane seeing this)  I didn't think that it would look good on me with my body type but it was very pretty so I gave it a try.  To my surprise she was right!  I loved this style and this dress even more than the first one.  It actually looked amazing with my body type and I was in love! I said "Yes!"  We put a down payment on it that night so in a couple of months I can go back and try on MY wedding dress!

On the next couple nights Shane and I just hung out, talked more about wedding plans and what we like.  I think we I have picked our colors, a deep pink/watermelon, mint green, and tangerine orange! Bright and Beautiful!

Example of the colors

On Thursday night I decided to go camping with Shane (eeek). Okay, it wasn't that bad!  The hike up to the campsite was hard and tireing but I made it, so I was happy.  Shane was so excited that I was going with him, since he has been bugging me for forever.  We also took Willow with us, which kinda made me feel better about sleeping outside.  I helped collect branches to burn and set up the tent.  We sat on chairs made out of rocks, listened to music, talked and cooked hotdogs over the fire.  All-in-all it was a nice night.





Before going home on Sunday I needed to have some time with my girls, so Friday night Shane and I went to Cancun with Ariel and Shaynna.  It wasn't that busy but it was nice to see each other and hang out for a bit. We still got a lot of laughs in.

Love them


No comments:

Post a Comment